Week 16: Social Media Management Tools

 Jon Golding

Well since the main objective is to manage multiple platforms with one account I will focus on the sites that seem to be the best for that.  

Rated best overall is Sprout Social, You can start a free trial for any of their modalities, but most likely the intro will not be enough so you will have to purchase the memberships: Standard at $99, professional at $149, advanced at $249.   Standard offers: 5 social profiles professional 10 profiles, advanced $249.     Each upgrade features a list of upgrades like: 

competitive reports for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter

Incoming and outgoing message content tagging

Custom workflows for multiple approves and steps

Scheduling for optimal send times

Response rate and time analysis reports.  

I am wondering if this is really so effective in multiplying your capabilities on social media or is it a sales pitch?   The first step would be to master one account then move into these platforms.  If you have 5 platforms perhaps you could work on one each day of the week and have just as much results than paying 100 a month.   Learning each platform for social media management will take time.  

Next on my list is Soho Social. It seems to have an intuitive design to simplify for the user.  It boasts about being the simplest.   It has the publication programming, calendar for posts and analytics.  Again is it worth paying?  We have the calendars on the social media sites also we have a way to schedule posts.   A video comparing results using these platforms vs only the social media ones would be interesting.   I am still wondering how much of a sales pitch this is.  

All of the platforms promise simplifying multiple accounts.  However if I had 5 I would start to work on one social media account a day and have a checklist on a blackboard, (I am starting to thing a blackboard with a pen and paper calendar could do the same tricks),  You can learn a lot from people doing these tasks on YouTube.  If I do get to the 5 accounts I will do that (use a blackboard checklist since doing everything digitally can seem cramped and stressed), I would spot the actual problems in managing the 5 accounts then I would jump into these management tools to see if I can ease the workflow.  

Other tools seem more critical for me for example the Tax apps you can use to stay current on all the States within the US (since they all have diff tax rates and dates to pay).  


https://www.investopedia.com/best-social-media-management-software-5087716



Commented on: Terri Lendy, Dan England Sue Godwin

Comments

  1. Hello Jon! I agree that the marketing tools can add up cost wise, I kind of wish I could talk to someone who has used these. I'd have to look up reviews as well, I'd also want to know how much results in terms of marketing reach increase comes from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job researching these management tool sites. I think managing them yourself is pretty easy and a lot cheaper. I think they could be beneficial for a business that doesn't have time to do it themselves but I also think in a company that big they could designate an employee to manage them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers

Blog Week 3 Post 1