Week 12 Part B: Business Specific Tools

 Jonathan Golding


1.  I found linked in groups that could help, they are yoga groups and yoga instructors, the yoga alliance is featured (the institution that certifies instructors).  I kind of see why yoga can be seen as generic with things like the yoga alliance page.  In reality you can practice yoga get really good at it and teach (yogis in India do not have yoga alliance certifications), however a lot of corporate schools or settings will want to know how many hours you trained to instruct, and will ask for a specific flow of poses at interviews etc.  I would have to experiment with a LinkedIn biz page to see what I can do with it before I share.  

2. I have dabbled in music sites before, I had to put that career path to the side because of acoustic trauma.  Getting those songs to play takes marketing.  Music marketing is not easy, also it is no longer a strategy to sell music online, since lately musicians depend on the sites for a bit of exposure to sell concert tickets.  There is a tendency to start trying to drive digital music sales, but platforms like spottify pay you pennies per download.  This is another project, I can't really connect it to the corporate yoga demographic.

3.  I would be looking for yoga instructors and schools that want to work with the NiyamaGear  brand.  These places or people should have streaming content like YouTube videos and I shall negotiate a price for an ad on their pages.

4. Can't really use yelp since it is not brick and mortar.  

5. This makes me think of a moral issue:  is it okay to market to a yoga support group for cancer or hiv patients? I saw one such group however they only had 3 members. Or a yoga group for ptsd? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16: Social Media Management Tools

Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing