Week 14 Part A: What we Learn from Google Analytics

 Jon Golding

Google Analytics is an amazing tool if it renders the results promised.   There are organic SEO strategies on youtube that allow you to find better placement in google searches without spending money.  However it would not be a bad idea to invest in a strategy.  

 The first thing that drew my attention was the Mumzworld feature: it promises a 300% return on ad spend (ROAS).  So if you spend 100 bucks you should get a 300 dollar return on sales from those ads.  As the page states: "Mumzworld used Analytics to gain insight into their return on advertising investment and make sense of their retail data to improve product availability. The result was a 300% return on ad spend."

 As the lecture states things to look out for in my biz page would be: 

 1. Page views 2. Engagement 3. Conversations 

I can further expand these into google analytics "reporting":  I will be looking for things like behavior reports, advertising reports, and acquisition reports.   With acquisition reports: I can trace acquired users and their conversion patterns (how much they buy), also how campaigns , search engines and social media are impacting the site.  With behavior reports I can visualize what keeps users engaged and the path of pages surfed, with this I can trace what keeps people engaged, identify content issues, also how fast is the page and how quickly users can interact with the content.   With advertising reports I can see the metrics on the google ads see what the "click performance metrics" on users who clicked on the ad went to the website or app.   

It can get so complex since we have many more tools, however to master things I would stick with the ones above since I feel like they are the most critical.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 16: Social Media Management Tools

Week 10 Part A: Researching Email Marketing

Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers